India has always reflects it’s thrive to be on the cutting edge of innovation with its globally accepted study system and talented young scholars. With several global universities offering scientific, technological and medical research hub in here, Government also becoming keen to promote further progress by offering several scholarship schemes.
PhD degree is the highest qualification in itself which one can attain to develop their research and analytical skills. Achieving this qualification can owe a highly esteemed position in the research and development world with greater career benefits. There are lots of colleges and universities that offer PhD degrees but one can only achieve it by putting hard work and sincerity. You can find several institutions which are offering PhD studies in a reasonable fee.
There are a range of university types you can find in India to start your PhD studies, such as:
- Central and State Universities: they are established by Government body for public interest.
- Institutes of National Importance: they are premier research organization and institutes of India.
- State Private University: State level funded and privately established universities.
- Deemed Universities: High performing institutions recognized officially as University.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PHD ADMISSION IN INDIA
- A Master’s degree completed followed by Bachelors degree studies. A student must demonstrate a good knowledge in the related field.
- Minimum requirements of marks varies from institution to institution but normally its above 55% aggregate in Masters studies.
- For Govt. universities and scholarship one need to qualify in NET/SLET or institutional eligibility tests.
- Required working experience also varies from institution to institution but it is always an added advantage to have prior work experience in related field before staring for PhD studies.
- Accept language PhDs, all other subjects demand a good command over written and verbal English.
Depending on your Bachelors and Masters studies, one can apply for various subjects in these fields:
- Health Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mass Communications
- Social Studies
Each of these greater areas has its many sub areas to choose from for specialization or research interest.
Indian PhD courses are typically designed to study for at least three consecutive years, but can be extended up to six years. Some universities also offer a five-years study for PhD discipline to maintain their supervisor-student ratios.
Course contents are typically inclusive of one year of theoretical coursework studies and two years or more of project work. The project work is the important part of PhD studies in terms of completing the course. The project work is supposed to plan and execute completely by the students in order to develop their skills and build good networking.
A PhD studies will develop your research and analytical skills to a higher extent in your specific field of specialism. After completing this degree you can find immense career opportunity in various fields such as academic, research and corporate. Teaching and academic career is also a good option for scholars to take their skills for further development. Research in India also offers good career development foe scholars. You can definitely expect a good salary range with this degree from nay employer, whether a Governmental or a private one.